SERIES G – CREATE A CLOSE FAMILY
Download Series G
Underlined thoughts diminish you – Thoughts with dots empower you
She dumped me; I hate her.
- She made a nice contribution to my life.
- I learned some things not to do.
- I will put more thought and effort into my next relationship.
G-2 Look Before You Leap:
I have never felt so complete, I want to get married ASAP.
- More than half of all marriages fail, so I will take my time and do my homework.
- How can I get to know this person on a deeper level so I don’t get blind-sided by the packaging?
- We will discuss all the items on The Compatibility Checklist G-3 check lists with him or her.
G-3 Compatibility Checklist:
Some of these questions I just couldn’t ask.
- The questions you’re most reluctant to ask will by where the biggest problems appear.
- These questions were prepared by thoughtful people who want the best for both of us.
- We won’t be held to the answers, but they can show our intent and ability to deal with difficult issues.
- The most essential part of our relationship will be our ability to communicate. If we aren’t good at it we best wait until we can.
He never listens.
- If I go out of my way to praise him and show interest in what he is doing, it will make my company and my input more important to him.
- By being less negative, critical, petty, thankless, and by praising him on occasions, he will be less inclined to avoid me or tune me out.
She nags me constantly.
- By helping her more and doing “my thing” a little less, we’d keep the closeness we had when we were first married.
My child tells me she doesn’t like me.
- On an interpersonal level I have to make the things that are more important to her more important to me
- She may act indifferent to me, but I have to act is if that isn’t annoy long enough for me to show her that she is and get our chemistry back.
- That could be her way of getting her way.
G-6 Guiding Your Kids:
My son challenges me all the time.
- Strong willed children are a lot more work, but in the adult word they tend to achieve greater heights than children who were compliant.
- The child who is very good at one part of their upbringing can be troublesome in other parts of their life.
- To keep from reward his challenges I have to side-step respond on my terms and have clear rules and consequences strictly enforced.
G-7 Empowering Your Kids:
I can’t get my kid interested in anything.
- I will:
- Determine if there any difficulties with teachers or classmates.
- Take more interest in all that she does and praise her honest efforts.
- Be quick to support her interests.
- Expose her to more interesting subjects.
- Promote, but not pressure her efforts to interact with her wholesome peers.
- Allow them more say on some choices.